Thursday, May 8, 2008

ouch!!

a few weeks ago, megan had the privilege of getting 6 of her baby teeth pulled so her permanent teeth would have more room to come into her tiny mouth. she hasn't allowed pictures of her face yet so i thought i'd show off what came out. these suckers are huge!! check out those roots! to all our ortho/dental contacts: cory, jeremy, brandon, anybody, is this normal? these baby teeth don't look very babyish to the untrained eye. the holes left in her gums are still trying to heal, two weeks later. she was a champ though. our dentist didn't put her out and she said she heard the whole thing, roots popping and all. gross!! one of these days i'll snap a picture of her face when she least expects it. but right now, she's still so self conscious and calls herself toothless uncle lou (though she, nor matt, nor i have a toothless uncle lou)

4 comments:

kim said...

i love your blogs. they are fun to read. hope you guys are doing well. logan still misses you and talks about you!

Rachael said...

Hey Liz,

I will be in Utah around July 24this year....but I not sure you really wanted me to take your picture. But just in case.....that's when I will be there.

Kobes said...

Hi Isaac! Hi Megan! Hi Mallory! Great post Ms. Mcqueen. Oh! Megan I got two teeth pulled out like you. Well atleast you got six pulled out.

Unknown said...

Hello there! I don't know you, but I was on the internet looking for pictures of baby teeth because I had four pulled a few months ago (18 years old and I don't even own a full set of permanent teeth...) and thought that they were too long/huge to be baby teeth. But mine looked just like those and I felt much better and much less abnormal when I saw that I wasn't the only one who thought this. :)