Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mal and Mom--!st day of Preschool

With the basement all ready--Mal and Me started our first day of preschool. Notice how far behind I am now on blogging life as it happens. Mallory's "first day of school" picture was taken a week late-nice. Our first week went well. The only child that cried and wanted to go home was Mallory-how convienent. I actually found her wrapped in her "blankie" and curled in a ball on my bedroom floor half way through the first day. She was having issues sharing all "her preschool stuff". We've been roll playing preschool life for weeks--to no avail. Fortunately, being the 3rd, she was easily bribed back down with all the other children. Major catastrophe averted!


I finally got "finished" pictures of the basement. Well, as finshed as it's going to get until we can figure out how to do the ceiling (I know, Jared, that we were supposed to finish the ceiling first--but that's what you get over here, shoty work).
Having the bar gone has opened up a ton of space but at the same time has taken away the same amount of "we have no where to put this so stuff it behind the bar" space. I now am in desperate need of storage solutions. The Sam Adams Memorial wall will one day be filled with shelves and cabinets-but I'm sure we'll get around to it the next time we are in a crunch.

1 comments:

Big Oaf said...

Do you have to make fun of me for being a bit on the anal retentive side in every one of your posts? I guess I'll just stop caring............that's long enough the word you were looking for is shoddy. "Shoty?" Honestly! Had I a grave to roll over in Ludeen and I would currently be giving most synchronized swim teams a run for their money!

Basement looks great! I actually think the exposed structural elements add a nice architectural finish. Some of our clients spend an awful lot of money to have an architect tell them stuff like that is "in". Just tell people you did it on purpose, not because you and Matt couldn't actually reach up that high.