Wednesday, September 30, 2009

trip to lake powell

We've been anticipating this for months!
the kids, and their parents, have been patiently (or not so patiently) awaiting this trip to powell with our colorado buddies, the duncan's and the luck's.

we met at Bullfrog on wednesday night and spent the next 3 days soaking up the southern utah sun, getting our H2O skiing fix (it's been way too long!!!), visiting national monuments, catching up with our favorite people, hitting the dunes up moki canyon, and swimming, swimming, swimming (as if we haven't done enough this summer)
McQueens meet Rainbow Bridge





After a fun, long lost friend-filled trip down south we head home early so Matt can begin his reign as the newest "father" of the Daybreak 7th ward...if you get my drift...
i can't believe it! we're too young for this kind of responsiblitiy
we can barely keep up with our own kids
how are we going to keep up with a whole ward?

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I am not surprised. Do I look surprised? I am not surprised! I knew that Matt was on the fast track to Apostle. I always knew. You know I knew, right? I just want it in writing that he will seal every one of my children in the temple. (Assuming Tate desires a temple marriage.) I'll pick up the contract next time we visit.

Your Lake Powell trip sounded fun! I'm glad you guys are still keeping close ties to Colorado. We'll have to have a giant reunion some day.

kim said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! I am glad you all were able to hang out.

Congrats-or not:)-to Matt. He will be great! I am sure for the family it will be such an adjustment!

Ruth said...

Congratulations on his new calling. You guys are amazing, you will do great with this new responsibility.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am not surprised...not that it makes being the mother of the ward any easier. I know you and Matt will be wonderful, but I would be nervous, hesitant, etc. too. Looks like you had a really fun trip! I flew over Lake Powell two weeks ago...it sure made me want to ski. I think the last time I went was with Todd D.

sari said...

glad you could have one last breath before this assignment. good luck with it all.

Cory said...

Matt, you should have broke out the colored shirts while you still had a chance.