Saturday, April 12, 2008

happy 40th

I know it's been forever, but the kids have been off track and so my computer time is nil (as the computer is our only form of electronic entertainment around here...play a video game-on the computer, watch a tv show-on the computer, listen to music-on the computer, watch a movie-on the computer...you get my drift. and in trying to be a good example (which is rare) i have found myself trying to read during our down time so maybe the kids will catch on and not want to be on the computer all day-fat chance)
anyway, i couldn't let today go by without wishing my parents (and aunt kalle and uncle merl) a happy 40th anniversary!! (my dad is the tallest and my mom is the shortest...some things still haven't changed) my siblings and i planned a dinner for them at the lion house this week to celebrate. i hope they enjoyed a peaceful meal with no prep and dishes! something that doesn't happen often for these two...
seeing as these are their 22 grandchildren!!! all eight and under with one more on the way. a crazy, loud, lovable bunch. its fun to be home and be a part of days like these--even though i'm now subjected to justin's awful hair more often (lucy, you're a saint!)
happy 40th you two! i couldn't have asked for better parents and examples on parenting my own children than you have been. i am loving this stage of life--being able to understand my parents lives more fully as i go through similar experiences with my own small family. it's good to get that know-it-all teenage phase (which lasted a long time for me) over with and really appreciate all that you're parents have done for you. You just don't get it until you're a parent yourself--hopefully i can survive my own children's teenage nastiness.

1 comments:

Steve and Amanda said...

Liz- Tell your parents Happy 40th from me too!!!